Guidelines for WKNO-FM Mug Design Contest:
What does WKNO-FM mean to you? Your artwork should reflect an appreciation of the station.
We welcome all styles of artwork, as long as it translates well on a coffee mug.
The winning design will be promoted on-air during our Fall fund drive.
All entries must be received by the station by 5 p.m. September 28th.
How to submit artwork:
Complete the entry submission form and email completed form along with your original artwork file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the entry submission form.
Design Specifications/Contest Rules:
** The printing space is 8 and ¾ inches wide by 3 and 7/8 inches high, and the entire design must fit into the printing area. The image should be in full color and able to wrap around an 11oz. white ceramic coffee mug from handle to handle. Learn more about the dimensions, click here.
* More than one entry per artist is accepted.
*Artists whose work has been featured on WKNO artist mugs are not eligible to win until one full calendar year has passed since their design has been featured.
* The theme for the design should relate to WKNO-FM and/or the Mid-South.
* A caption “designed for WKNO-FM by (your name) 2018-2019” must be included. It can run along the edge of the artwork or be incorporated into the design.
* The design must be created exclusively for WKNO-FM.
* The design must be provided in one of the following formats: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, JPEG and TIFF 300 dpi or higher. Hi-resolution vector art in CMYK is ideal. The artwork can be created in any medium you want, but it will need to be scanned or photographed at a high resolution to be converted into a digital format and fit the same printing space given above.
* WKNO staff, their family members, and members of the Board of Trustees are not eligible.
Use and Rights:
Each entrant gives WKNO-FM the unlimited rights to reproduce and/or display their artwork on mugs, websites, and any other promotional materials. WKNO-FM will retain the original art for the station’s permanent collection. The artist will not receive a cash payment for the work.
How winners are chosen:
The voting committee comprises a volunteer voting committee; however, WKNO reserves the rights to select the winning design.
Questions? Please contact WKNO Membership at email@example.com.