This is the week that Memphis diners in the know look forward to every year.
It’s Downtown Dining Week! The one time of year that you can enjoy a three-course meal at some of Memphis’ top restaurants for just $20.18.
Starting yesterday until November 11, over 50 downtown restaurants will be offering special menus for both dinner and lunch. Many of the offerings are at a discount, designed to show new diners the best of what they have to offer.
The price is based on the year. This year, the three course-dinners and special menus being offered are $20.18. Up 1 cent from $20.17 in 2017.
Two-for-one lunches and special lunch menus are being offered for $10.18.
Celebrating its 10th year, the event is designed for neighborhood residents to try new places just down the street as well to bring Memphians from other parts of town downtown to try something new.
So here’s what you need to know:
• To help you decide where to go, the special menus and deals are all listed on downtowndiningweek.com.
• This is a popular week, so make a reservation before you head Downtown.
• $1 parking meter passes are available online at downtowndiningweek.com
• Since they are offering 3-course meals at such a discounted price, know that some restaurants may be serving portions a little smaller than their normal menu items. You’ll have plenty to eat, but adjust your expectations accordingly.
• Many restaurants are also offering drink specials in conjunction with their special menus.
To learn more about the event and see what my “Top 5” recommendations are for lunch and dinner, head to commercialappeal.com/food.
This is Jennifer Chandler with The Weekly Dish. Bon Appetit!
If you go:
Downtown Dining Week
When: Nov. 5-11
Location: Over 50 restaurants across downtown Memphis
Price: $20.18 for dinner menus and $10.18 for lunch menus
Parking: $1 parking passes available on-line